Lipo Shot / B12 Shot
What is a Lipo shot?
Lipo shots, or lipotropic injections, is a method of energy support and weight loss that involves periodic injections of an amino acid blend that includes biologically active B vitamins. In combination, the ingredients in lipo shot injections enhance liver function and the metabolism of fat and bile from the gallbladder and liver.
Benefits of Lipotropic Injections
The primary reason that people obtain lipotropic injections is to support weight loss. However, because the ingredients in Lipo shot have scientifically-proven effects on the body, additional benefits typically occur. These include:
- Faster metabolism. The body metabolizes fat with the help of mitochondria, vital cells that produce energy. The B12 and Inositol in lipotropic injections are integral to mitochondrial energy.
- Liver detoxification. The liver processes just about everything we consume. Even organic substances like our hormones pass through this organ. The choline in lipotropic injections helps the liver function at full capacity to clear out toxins, keeping weight loss on track and supporting general health.
- Sustained energy. When the body hums along at a faster metabolism, energy levels are generally better. Higher energy levels stemming from adequate vitamin B intake provide the motivation one needs to exercise regularly for enhanced weight loss results.
- Improved sleep. Weight gain is one of several negative consequences of poor sleep. When B12 levels are better regulated, sleep patterns improve. People whose vitamin B levels are optimized may not sleep more, but they sleep better.
- Healthier hair. Nutrients support the growth and condition of your hair. B12 is one of the critical vitamins associated with the strength, luster, and growth of hair. Sometimes, faster hair growth is one of the first things patients notice after beginning their Lipo shot treatment plan.
“Love this place. Staff is attentive and knowledgeable and really motivate you to make lifestyle changes. I have become more aware of my body and the food it needs. I an extremely grateful.” – Angela H.
How do lipotropic injections work?
Lipotropic injections promote healthy weight loss by ensuring the body obtains vital vitamins, minerals, and amino acids related to fat metabolism, immunity, appetite control, and energetic output. Each ingredient in a lipotropic injection offers unique effects:
- Vitamin B12 supports consistent energy and appetite control.
- Methionine is an amino acid that helps the body metabolize toxins. This ingredient also supports physical energy.
- Inositol is a B vitamin that supports insulin regulation and fat breakdown.
- Choline, also a B vitamin, supports healthy cell membranes and sustained energy.
- Some lipotropic injections include L-Carnitine, a nutrient that enhances energy by helping the body utilize triglycerides for fuel.
All ingredients in lipotropic injections have been studied and confirmed safe for prescribed usage.
Do Lipo Shots Cause Weight Loss?
No, these shots will not make you lose weight. However, they do add in your weight loss efforts to help the body speed up the breakdown of fat. On average, our patients who do our weight loss plans with shots lose 11.2 lbs more than those who do not.
If you haven’t changed anything with your lifestyle these shots can make you feel more energized. Weight loss at its core is calories in and calories out. While the shots allow your body to break down fat faster if you are taking in more calories than you are expending you will not lose weight.
Where are Lipo shots injected?
Lipotropic injections are often administered into the upper outer quadrant of the buttocks. However, additional appropriate locations include the thigh muscle, upper arm, or hip.
Candidates for Lipotropic Injections
Virtually any adult who can tolerate taking a multivitamin is a good candidate for lipo shot treatment. Because these injections are typically a part of a medical weight loss program, it is also important that patients understand what to expect in terms of results.
Recovery after Lipo shot Injections
Injectable fat-burning solutions take only a few minutes and do not require downtime for recovery. Patients are free to go about their day as usual.
Lipo shot Results
Lipotropic injections work with the body’s natural fat-burning capabilities. Every patient may react differently to their treatment program. According to studies, weight loss may increase from 2 to 5-pound loss per week when lipotropic injections are used to complement a reduced-calorie diet and consistent workout regimen.*
In addition to weight loss, the Liposhot can also improve mood, support heart, liver, and kidney health, and help hair and nails grow.*
“Love getting the lipo injections. Gives me so much additional energy. Staff is so friendly!”*
Read more reviews.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary from patient to patient depending on customized plan, goals, current health and dietary needs.
Side Effects of Lipotropic Injections
Side effects from lipotropic injections are typically minimal such as temporary soreness at the injection site. In rare instances, an allergic reaction may occur. If symptoms of an allergic reaction develop, you should obtain medical attention. These symptoms include tightness in the chest, hives, or shortness of breath.
Lipotropic injections modify the way that the body metabolizes fat. The biological changes that occur achieve more benefits than side effects. However, it is important to know that temporary fatigue after or stomach upset after lipotropic injections could occur as a normal side effect of treatment. Patients should stay adequately hydrated during their treatment period.
Are my lipo shots still working? I don’t feel as Much of A difference As I did At First
Yes. Most people feel such a remarkable difference at the outset because they were at such a deficit. Once their levels are more normalized, the injections serve to maintain the results. When people then go without the injections for a while, they notice that they start to feel sluggish again.
What Are B12 Injections?
Vitamin B12 is an injection used to assist you in a variety of ways. It helps with weight loss and energy, assisting in the efficient breakdown of food for energy as well as in the breakdown of fat.
Health care providers have known about the power of vitamin B12 for a century. Now they have a new way to deliver the benefits of this vitamin in a convenient and effective injectable form. Vitamin B12 Injections help restore your metabolic system so you burn fat more efficiently than ever before. This remarkable approach to vitamin supplementation will also leave you full of energy and in a great mood.
Vitamin B12 is part of the B vitamin complex, which is essential for healthy metabolism and digestion. Vitamin B12 and the other B vitamins help your body uses the fat and proteins you eat, and convert foods into energy. Without vitamin B12, your body virtually ignores the nutrition in food, leaving you feeling dissatisfied and hungry after meals.
Vitamin B12 also helps your body develop healthy red blood cells, which deliver oxygen to your vital organs..
Some people lack the ability to make sufficient intrinsic factor to absorb vitamin B12 from the food they eat or from dietary supplements. The Office of Dietary Supplements says that vitamin B12 deficiencies affect 1.5 to 15 percent of people in the United States.
Benefits of B12 Injections
It is important for the proper functioning of the circulatory and nervous systems. Vitamin B12 plays a critical role in red blood cell production and provides energy for the brain to function smoothly. Vitamin B12 deficiencies can starve your body cells of the oxygen they need. Symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency range from mild weakness and fatigue to difficulty thinking, trouble walking, and more
Many people get enough B12 from diet alone. It is important to keep in mind, though, that even a slight deficiency can cause problems that may seem minor at first but can escalate if the deficiency is not addressed.
Common signs of a slight deficiency include fatigue, difficulty in remembering, light-headedness, trouble losing weight, and constipation or diarrhea. These problems can persist if a deficiency is left untreated.
Reasons for B12 Shots
Here are some of the more common reasons people take B12 shots:
- Since vitamin B12 is associated with neural and cognitive functioning, some people take B12 to improve mood, energy, and concentration.
- Vitamin B12 plays a key role in the circulatory system, and high levels of B12 can reduce homocysteine levels.
- Homocysteine blocks the arteries and taxes the heart, so by reducing homocysteine levels, vitamin B12 may reduce the risk for heart disease and stroke.
- By helping the body regulate your circadian rhythms, vitamin B12 may help improve your sleep.
- Vitamin B12 provides a boost to the immune system by making the rest of the body run more smoothly, which may reduce chance of illness.
Who is a candidate for B12 Injections?
There are certain people who should pay particular attention to the benefits of B12 shots, though anyone could reap the benefits of B12 injections. Some people who may want to pay particular attention and know what do B12 shots do include:
- People who do not eat animal products, including vegetarians and vegans. While a vegetarian or vegan diet can be healthy, vitamin B12 is naturally found only in animal products. Many believe that for this reason, is felt to be important for vegetarians and vegans to find a way to supplement their diet to prevent deficiency.
- The elderly. As people age, their GI system tends to become less efficient at processing nutrients. In general, the elderly are more susceptible to nutritional deficiency and conditions such as atrophic gastritis, which can worsen a deficiency of B 12.
- Those suffering from intestinal disorders such as Crohn’s disease or celiac disease. These and similar illnesses inhibit the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food, which means that even if these people eat a well-balanced diet, they will not get all of the nutrients that they need.
- Those who take acid-reducing drugs may consider vitamin B12 as it can reduce some of the negative effects associated with taking these drugs.
- People with long-term illnesses such as diabetes, osteoporosis, muscular degeneration, and Lou Gehrig’s disease tend to fare better when supplementing their diet with vitamin B12 injections.
B12 Shots vs. Lipo Shots
B12 shots help increase vitamin B deficiency, resulting in a boost of energy. The lipotropic injections have multiple benefits including both fat burning and energy boosting.
Schedule a Consultation
Learn more about the value of lipo shot or b12 injections. Call our Glen Allen office at 804-270-5920 to schedule a consultation. Rejuvenate MD serves Richmond, VA and nearby areas.
*Disclaimer: Real Rejuvenate MD patients’ testimonials and photos used with permission. Individual results may vary.