Lipo Shot / B12 Shot
What is a Lipo shot?
Lipo shots, or lipotropic injections, is a method of energy support and weight loss that involves periodic injections of an amino acid blend that includes biologically active B vitamins. In combination, the ingredients in lipo shot injections enhance liver function and the metabolism of fat and bile from the gallbladder and liver.
Benefits of Lipotropic Injections
The primary reason that people obtain lipotropic injections is to support weight loss. However, because the ingredients in Lipo shot have scientifically-proven effects on the body, additional benefits typically occur. These include:
- Faster metabolism. The body metabolizes fat with the help of mitochondria, vital cells that produce energy. The B12 and Inositol in lipotropic injections are integral to mitochondrial energy.
- Liver detoxification. The liver processes just about everything we consume. Even organic substances like our hormones pass through this organ. The choline in lipotropic injections helps the liver function at full capacity to clear out toxins, keeping weight loss on track and supporting general health.
- Sustained energy. When the body hums along at a faster metabolism, energy levels are generally better. Higher energy levels stemming from adequate vitamin B intake provide the motivation one needs to exercise regularly for enhanced weight loss results.
- Improved sleep. Weight gain is one of several negative consequences of poor sleep. When B12 levels are better regulated, sleep patterns improve. People whose vitamin B levels are optimized may not sleep more, but they sleep better.
- Healthier hair. Nutrients support the growth and condition of your hair. B12 is one of the critical vitamins associated with the strength, luster, and growth of hair. Sometimes, faster hair growth is one of the first things patients notice after beginning their Lipo shot treatment plan.
“Love this place. Staff is attentive and knowledgeable and really motivate you to make lifestyle changes. I have become more aware of my body and the food it needs. I an extremely grateful.” – Angela H.
How do lipotropic injections work?
Lipotropic injections promote healthy weight loss by ensuring the body obtains vital vitamins, minerals, and amino acids related to fat metabolism, immunity, appetite control, and energetic output. Each ingredient in a lipotropic injection offers unique effects:
- Vitamin B12 supports consistent energy and appetite control.
- Methionine is an amino acid that helps the body metabolize toxins. This ingredient also supports physical energy.
- Inositol is a B vitamin that supports insulin regulation and fat breakdown.
- Choline, also a B vitamin, supports healthy cell membranes and sustained energy.
- Some lipotropic injections include L-Carnitine, a nutrient that enhances energy by helping the body utilize triglycerides for fuel.
All ingredients in lipotropic injections have been studied and confirmed safe for prescribed usage.
Do Lipo Shots Cause Weight Loss?
No, these shots will not make you lose weight. However, they do add in your weight loss efforts to help the body speed up the breakdown of fat. On average, our patients who do our weight loss plans with shots lose 11.2 lbs more than those who do not.
If you haven’t changed anything with your lifestyle these shots can make you feel more energized. Weight loss at its core is calories in and calories out. While the shots allow your body to break down fat faster if you are taking in more calories than you are expending you will not lose weight.
Where are Lipo shots injected?
Lipotropic injections are often administered into the upper outer quadrant of the buttocks. However, additional appropriate locations include the thigh muscle, upper arm, or hip.
Candidates for Lipotropic Injections
Virtually any adult who can tolerate taking a multivitamin is a good candidate for lipo shot treatment. Because these injections are typically a part of a medical weight loss program, it is also important that patients understand what to expect in terms of results.
B12 Shots vs. Lipo Shots
B12 shots help increase vitamin B deficiency, resulting in a boost of energy. The lipotropic injections have multiple benefits including both fat burning and energy boosting.
Recovery after Lipo shot Injections
Injectable fat-burning solutions take only a few minutes and do not require downtime for recovery. Patients are free to go about their day as usual.
Lipo shot Results
Lipotropic injections work with the body’s natural fat-burning capabilities. Every patient may react differently to their treatment program. According to studies, weight loss may increase from 2 to 5-pound loss per week when lipotropic injections are used to complement a reduced-calorie diet and consistent workout regimen.*
In addition to weight loss, the Liposhot can also improve mood, support heart, liver, and kidney health, and help hair and nails grow.*
“Love getting the lipo injections. Gives me so much additional energy. Staff is so friendly!”*
Read more reviews.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary from patient to patient depending on customized plan, goals, current health and dietary needs.
Side Effects of Lipotropic Injections
Side effects from lipotropic injections are typically minimal such as temporary soreness at the injection site. In rare instances, an allergic reaction may occur. If symptoms of an allergic reaction develop, you should obtain medical attention. These symptoms include tightness in the chest, hives, or shortness of breath.
Lipotropic injections modify the way that the body metabolizes fat. The biological changes that occur achieve more benefits than side effects. However, it is important to know that temporary fatigue after or stomach upset after lipotropic injections could occur as a normal side effect of treatment. Patients should stay adequately hydrated during their treatment period.
Are my lipo shots still working? I don’t feel a difference anymore.
Yes. You noticed such a remarkable difference beforehand because you were at such a deficit. Now that your levels are more normalized, you are maintaining the results. If you went a while without a shot you would notice you start to feel sluggish again; not that it’s something I recommend!
Schedule a Consultation
Learn more about the value of lipo shot treatment. Call our Glen Allen office at 804-270-5920 to schedule a consultation. Rejuvenate MD serves Glen Allen, Richmond, and nearby areas in Virginia.