Program For Men
At Rejuvenate MD, we are aware of the unique obstacles and difficulties men face when it comes to losing weight, and we have a successful program tailored just for you. You will tone up, trim down and feel great! Our Board Certified Provider will customize a plan that will enable you to lose weight safely. Daily meal plans and exercise emails will give you the reminders and direction you need to achieve your goal.
Weight Loss For Men Vs. Women
We understand that men and women are different when it comes to weight loss! Our weight loss program for a woman is targeted to their lifestyle, and our men’s weight loss program is targeted for yours. Our certified professionals know that men don’t eat the same way women do, men don’t gain weight the same way women do, and men don’t tackle problems the same way women do.
Why Am I Gaining Weight?
After 30, a man’s testosterone level starts to fall. Eventually, he reaches a stage referred to as “andropause” or “male menopause”. Over this time period, he gains weight and loses muscle. No matter how much he exercises, or how little he eats, he starts to get a little flabby in the middle. We have known for some time that obesity and metabolic syndrome are related to low testosterone levels. There is an enzyme in fat called aromatase. It changes testosterone into estradiol, the common form of estrogen. Our goal is not only to help you lose weight but to educate you thoroughly so that this never happens to you again.
“If you are having trouble trying to lose weight you should check Rejuvenate out. The people that work there are so friendly and super helpful. There are a bunch of different plans and programs you can do until to find the one that works for you. I’ve lost 50lbs in 2 and a half months. Rejuvenate is the place to be.”
How Low Testosterone Causes Weight Gain
- Low Testosterone makes it harder for our cells to use insulin. This leads to increased blood sugar which leads to weight gain.
- Low Testosterone leads to fatigue and lack of energy, which leads to less exercise. Less exercise leads to lower calories used. Lower calories used leads to weight gain.
- Low Testosterone leads to a lack of motivation and poor mood. This keeps you out of the gym and- once again- leads to weight gain.
- Low Testosterone leads to a decrease in muscle mass. Less muscle leads to a slower metabolism. Slower metabolism leads to weight gain.
- Low Testosterone leads to more fat cells. This leads to more conversion of testosterone to estrogen. This leads to lower testosterone, which then leads to weight gain- and the cycle goes on…
If you are having weight gain, and have experienced decreased energy, low libido, trouble getting or maintaining erections and an overall decrease in your energy level- call or come in. We can get you back to enjoying life to the fullest!
Weight Loss Before and After
How to get back in the Game and Lose weight
We will help you break out of the vicious cycle of low testosterone and high weight. We understand that patients have different body types, and that results can vary between each individual. This is why we have prepared ourselves and offer a complete workout and treatment customized for you by our board-certified provider.
Schedule a consultation
To learn more about customized weight loss programs for men, contact our office at 804.270.5920 to schedule your free consultation. If you’re a woman and you somehow ended up on the wrong page, head over to our women weight loss page and change your life today! Rejuvenate MD serves Richmond, VA and surrounding areas.
*Disclaimer: Real Rejuvenate MD patients’ testimonials and photos used with permission. Individual results may vary.